You may want to reset Huawei nova 2i to its factory settings, in case it is not functioning properly, getting stuck or bothering you with error messages. Today, we’re here to tell you how you can factory and hard reset Huawei nova 2i.
The Huawei nova 2i flaunts a (1080 x 2160 pixels) display, boots on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system, features gorilla glass and a fingerprint sensor. For driving the phone, there are Octa-Core processors 4×2.36 GHz ARM Cortex A53 + 4×1.7 GHz ARM Cortex A53 seated upon a HiSilicon KIRIN 659 chipset. It is aided by 4GB of RAM and ARM Mali-T830MP2 graphics engine.
The phone is armed with a 16MP + 2MP camera at the rear and for selfie lovers, there are Dual camera cameras, comprising of 16MP + 2MP. If not sufficient, the user can make use of the OTG cable or the memory card slot which can read microSD cards of upto 256GB.
There are multiple reasons for resetting the Huawei nova 2i. Factory reset allows you to wipe your phone completely so that you will sell or provides it to someone. Apart from that, it also can be useful if you’re troubleshooting some issues together with your smartphone. If you’re sure that’s what you want to try, read on.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Huawei nova 2i
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Huawei nova 2i from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Huawei nova 2i.
Hard reset Huawei nova 2i from Recovery
- Shut down your Huawei nova 2i completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold “Volume Up” button and “Power” button simultaneously until Huawei logo appears to enter “Recovery mode“.
- After that, select the “Wipe data/Factory reset” menu.
- Continue by selecting the option “Wipe data/Factory reset“.
- If the Wipe process is complete “Wiped Successfully” select the option “Reboot system“.
- Later the Huawei nova 2i will restart by itself and wait for the restart to finish in a few minutes.
Factory reset Huawei nova 2i
- On Huawei nova 2i phone, go to Settings.
- Find Advanced settings and tap on it.
- More menu will appear, choose Backup & reset.
- Then choose Factory data reset.
- Scroll down and you will find Reset phone option. Tap this on as well.
- Confirm it by tapping the Reset phone option which will start the process.
The Huawei nova 2i is a decent device that has a mid-range price tag. The gaming experience is great, thanks to the clear sharp display and the great graphics processor. The primary camera is also up to the mark. However, a better capacity of storage would have made it a perfect option.
By the way, what method did you use? Let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to change font style in Huawei nova 2i.