Reset Samsung J4 Core – Restoring a smartphone back to its factory settings is a great way to tackle speed and performance issues that have built up on the system over time. If you find your Galaxy J4 Core is working slower than expected, it may be time to consider a factory reset. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung Galaxy J4 Core.
The Galaxy J4 Core comes with a 6 Inch IPS LCD screen that flaunts a resolution of 720 x 1480 pixels which results from a density of 274 pixels per inch. The capacitive touch screen responds well to multi-touch.
Under the bonnet, the Samsung smartphone holds a pair of Quad-Core processors, which clock speeds of 1.4 GHz respectively. This set of processor cores is placed on a chipset of Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 and is further assisted by a good 1GB RAM to power you through the heavy multi-tasking and high-end gaming that you indulge into. Moreover, the GPU of Adreno 308 takes cares of all the graphical requirements.
Due to a bug in the system, some apps might cause crashes and performance may decrease. To fix this problem you will need to factory reset your Samsung J4 Core and it will automatically fix all the glitches that are present in your phone. It’s very simple and easy to do in a few steps. Regardless of the device model, it can work the same on all Samsung phones.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]Restoring your Samsung Galaxy J4 Core to factory settings will delete all data from the device. Make sure to back up any important files such as contacts and images. If you already reset your device, but don’t remember your Google username and/or password, the smartphone cannot be used.[/box]
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J4 Core
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung Galaxy J4 Core because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
In order for Find My Device to help you reset your phone screen lock, your smartphone needs to be turned on, connected to a Google or Samsung Account and the internet.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Galaxy J4 Core from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to Find My Mobile and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J4 Core from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory Reset Samsung J4 Core via Settings
- Open the ‘Settingsʼ app.
- Tap “General management” and then tap Reset.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap ‘Nextʼ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- After the reset, the Samsung Galaxy J4 Core will reboot to the initial setup screen.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Tap ‘General managementʼ.
- Tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Press ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Touch ˊRESETˋ.
- Press ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy J4 Core and prepare it for use.
Hard Reset Samsung J4 Core via Recovery
❶ Shut down your Samsung J4 Core completely by pressing the Power button. If your phone is locked and you’re unable to turn it off, you can wait until the battery runs down and attempt the reset of these steps after charging it back up.
❷ Press the “Volume Up” and “Power” button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
❸ Once the Galaxy J4 Core logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
❹ On the displayed screen, use “Volume Down” button to go to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
❺ Once the option is highlighted, press the “Power” button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
❻ On the next screen, press the “Volume Down” button multiple times till the “Yes” option is highlighted.
❻ Press the Power button to hard reset the Galaxy J4 Core, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
The final word
The Samsung Galaxy J4 Core is a flagship and it successfully justifies the title. The device is not just impressive in terms of design, but the user interface, processing power and everything else leave you mesmerised. The camera quality it offers allows to take still pictures and selfies even at low light conditions. Overall, the new Samsung is a device worth buying.
Hopefully now you will be able to get the most out of your Samsung Galaxy J4 Core. If your phone is still not working, leave us a comment.