Restoring your Galaxy J8 to its factory state can be a way to solve performance problems, remove malware or get it ready for a new owner. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung J8.
The Samsung J8 features a 6inch Super Amoled display which exhibits a screen resolution of 720 x 1480 pixels. It results in a pixel density of 274 ppi. It comes with an aspect ratio of 18:9 and bezel-less display that offers a superb viewing experience.
Coming to the performance, the device is equipped with Octa-Core processors – a ARM Cortex A53 manage the overall performance of the system. The processors are further coupled with a 4GB ram to deal with the multitasking. The combination is seated on a Snapdragon 450 chipset. In addition, an Adreno 506 GPU takes care of the graphical requirements of the system. The Galaxy J8 houses a 64GB inbuilt memory, which is enough to fulfil your storage needs.
For all the tech packed into your Galaxy J8, it still has a tendency to misbehave and slow down if you install too many apps or run too many processes at the same time. Fortunately, Samsung lets users reset their device to its original factory settings, allowing you to wipe your phone and enjoy it as if it were the new Samsung J8.
When the time comes for you to hand over that Samsung J8 to your next owner, you better make sure you perform a factory data reset. This process will completely wipe your device, deleting all files and traces that you ever used it. It will literally be the same way it was when you first turned it on.
Hard Reset Samsung J8 via Recovery
- Ensure that the Galaxy J8 is powered off.
- If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds and tap restart two times.
- Wait until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Up and Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Recovery Mode shows up.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm.
- Select Yes from the menu. Press the Power key.
- If Recovery Mode appears, choose reboot system now by using the Power button.
Factory Reset Samsung J8 via Settings
- Open the ˊSettingsˋ app.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ and then tap Reset.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- The Galaxy J8 will automatically reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Touch the ˊSettingsˋ icon.
- Tap “General management”.
- Tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Tap ˊRESETˋ.
- Press “DELETE ALL”. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy J8 and prepare it for use.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J8
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Samsung Galaxy J8. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Open https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Galaxy J8 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select “Erase Device” to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J8 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Galaxy J8 is a premium smartphone with great features. It comes with a god storage facility as well. Coming to the performance, the configuration is set efficiently to render multitasking experience without any error.
Most of the problems that the Samsung Galaxy J8 has, although not listed above, can usually be fixed by reset. For other tips and tricks such as how to update Samsung Galaxy J8, we will publish it soon.