Factory resets are the best solution for many Android issues. If your Galaxy On8 is far slower than it once was, you have a malware infection that won’t go away or plan to sell your phone, a factory reset is the most convenient solution. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Galaxy On8.
The Samsung On8 comes with a 5.5-inch Super Amoled display with a pixel density of 401 ppi. It is result of a great screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Moreover it has an aspect ratio of 16:9 which which makes it trendy as per the present vogue. The smartphone houses a 16GB inbuilt storage so that you can save ample amount files and documents.
It is equipped with Octa-Core processors that have clock speeds of 1.6 GHz respectively. The processors are assisted by a 3GB RAM to ensure a powerful performance even while running multiple apps. The graphical needs of the system are handled by an ARM Mali-T720MP2 GPU. The entire configuration is built upon an Exynos 7 Octa 7580 chipset.
Due to bugs present in the system, some apps might cause crashes and performance may decrease. To fix this problem you need to factory reset your Samsung On8 and it will automatically fix all the glitches that are present in your phone. It’s very simple and easy to do in a few steps. Regardless of the device model, it can work the same in all the Samsung phones.
Hard Reset Samsung On8 via Recovery
- Ensure that the Samsung Galaxy On8 is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press and hold the Power key until the device vibrates, then release it. Keep pressing the Volume Up and Home keys the entire time.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Wipe data/factory reset, then use the Power key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to Yes, then use the Power key to select it.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung On8
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, you can try hard resetting the Samsung On8. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Galaxy On8 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy On8 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory Reset Samsung On8 via Settings
If you only need to wipe all installed applications, cache, junk file and data, then you should follow these steps. It is very simple and easy to do within a few steps.
- Go into the ˊSettingsˋ.
- Tap “Backup and reset”.
- Tap on ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Tap on ˊReset Deviceˋ.
- Enter in your lock screen credentials and then tap on ˊContinueˋ.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on ‘Erase Everythingʼ.
- Your device will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
- Swipe up or down to view the ‘Appsʼ.
- Touch “Settings”.
- Scroll to and touch ‘General managementʼ.
- Touch ‘Resetʼ.
- Touch “Factory data reset”.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch “RESET”.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch “NEXT”.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- The Samsung Galaxy On8 will reset and reboot.
Samsung Galaxy On8 is a good smartphone, which has a lot of strong features. The cameras are excellent to click good quality images and the presence of ginormous storage made it a good option. It has a great configuration along with the fast charging support. Overall, the smartphone is one of the best option to go for around this price range.
Just like always, if you have suggestions, questions or concerns, feel free to type them out in the comment section. See you in the next article about how to flash Samsung Galaxy On8.