There are plenty of good reasons to reset your Samsung S5 Plus and put it back to its factory default settings, including selling it and protecting your private information and simply clearing out the clutter. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus.
The Galaxy S5 Plus features a 5.1 Inch (13.21 cm) multi capacitive Amoled display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, which offers a pixel density of 432 PPI. For storage needs, the smartphone offers an internal memory of 32GB.
For a smooth performance of the system, the smartphone is mechanized by a 2.5 GHz Quad-Core processor, which is seated on Snapdragon 805 APQ8084 2.5 GHz chip and is paired with an Adreno 420 graphics and 2GB RAM. The smartphone starts on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system that is floating on 64-bit architecture.
If your Galaxy S5 Plus isn’t working the way it should, it might be time to consider a factory reset. Resetting and wiping a device can clear out problems that cause it to get stuck in a loop, appear sluggish or otherwise impair performance.
Hard Reset Samsung S5 Plus
- Ensure that the Galaxy S5 Plus is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons at the same time.
- Let all 3 buttons go when the device shows a screen that says Installing System Update.
- Wait for this screen to change automatically.
- Use the Volume Down button to move the blue highlight to the option Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Press the Power button to select the Factory Reset option
- Use the Volume Down button to move the blue highlight to the YES option, and press the Power button again to select Yes.
- Use the Power button to select the Reboot System Now option from the Android Recovery menu.
Factory Reset Samsung S5 Plus
Are you sending your Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus in for repair or giving it to a friend or family member? If you need to wipe your phone’s data for any reason, you can perform a reset from settings menu. To factory reset using settings, follow below steps.
- Tap “Apps” on the Home screen.
- In the Apps screen tap ‘Settingsʼ.
- In the Settings screen, tap ‘Back Up and Resetʼ.
- In the Backup and Reset screen, tap “Factory Data Reset”.
- In the Factory Data Reset screen, tap ‘Reset Deviceʼ.
- Tap ˊDelete Allˋ.
- After your device resets, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S5 Plus
If you forgot your Galaxy S5 Plus lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, but you have setting up Samsung account or Google account before, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on computer.
You’ll need to be signed into your Samsung and Google account on your phone, and must have either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
Reset Lock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Galaxy S5 Plus from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Galaxy S5 Plus from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus impresses with its beautiful and elegant design as well as with its good features at an excellent price. The good quality camera too adds up to its charm. A larger expandable memory and a bigger battery would have made it the perfect device to pursue in a moderate budget. It sets mid-range smartphones, but is still a great device from Samsung.
Despite some problems here and there, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus is still a great phone. Do you have any problems that you didn’t see above? Leave a comment below, and we’ll troubleshoot the issue with you. For other tips and tricks such as how to screenshot in Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus, we will publish it soon.