If your Xiaomi Mi8 has such a problem e.g slowing down and generates error messages, You can use the reset option straight from inside the Android operating system. So no need to panic, because you can use the reset option through both your phone settings and the recovery mode.
Xiaomi Mi8 comes with an attractive display of 6.21-inch with a resolution of 1080 x 2248 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:9. It has a bezel-less display with a pixel density of 402 ppi.
It comes with Snapdragon 845 Octa-Core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385) processor and 6GB RAM, which together delivers lag-free performance. The Adreno 630 GPU ensures unhindered gaming and multitasking.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Mi8
If your Xiaomi Mi8 isn’t working as well as it should be, it might be time to consider a factory reset. Resetting and wiping a device can clear out problems that cause it to get stuck in a loop, appear sluggish or interfere with performance.
This will reset the device to the factory default state and it will clear out the memory buffers and reset the smartphone and application data. Ensure any personal data is backed up.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Xiaomi Mi8
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Mi8 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Mi8.
Factory reset Xiaomi Mi8 from Settings
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap Additional settings.
- In the Additional settings screen, tap Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap Erase all data (factory reset).
- At the bottom of the screen tap the Reset phone option.
- After your Xiaomi Mi8 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
Hard reset Xiaomi Mi8 from Recovery
- Turn off your Xiaomi Mi8 and wait a few seconds.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Mi Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe All Data and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight Confirm and press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
The Xiaomi Mi8 comes with an affordable price-tag and can provide great performance. It has a good battery backup and decent processing with a nice set of cameras. For the storage, there is sufficient room to keep files, games, apps and more.
Despite the Xiaomi Mi8 problems, it’s still a great smartphone that’s an easy purchase if you have the option and opportunity. Every common issue that the phone has is easy to fix, even if some of the fixes take time. If your Xiaomi Mi8 has had any of these problems, hopefully, your phone is now performing exactly as it’s intended.