There are a variety of reasons why you may need to factory reset your Samsung S9 Plus. You installed too many apps and just need to start clean. You may also be selling your smartphone or fixing some other problem. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
The Galaxy S9 Plus comes wrapped in a cool aluminium frame and features a 6.2 Inch WQHD+ display with a resolution 1440 x 2960 pixels at 531 ppi. To ensure that the users have access to uninterrupted entertainment, it is powered by a 3500 mAh, li-ion battery.
It has an Octa-Core 2.7 GHz processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. It has an internal memory of 64GB and can be expanded to up to 512GB to store ample songs, videos, photos etc.
Whether you have decided to sell your device or it’s behaving strangely and you can’t fix it, you may need to restore Galaxy S9 Plus to factory settings. Factory reset is the process of deleting all data and settings from your Samsung S9 Plus. So it’s pretty much about going back to the happy moment of unboxing the new device.
Hard Reset Samsung S9 Plus from Recovery
- Turn off your Galaxy S9 Plus and wait a few seconds.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Power buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight Yes and press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
Factory Reset Samsung S9 Plus via Settings
One way to reset that is often used is factory reset via the settings menu. This option has been provided by SAMSUNG to make it easier for users to delete data, viruses, cache and files. As it will wipe up everything so the storage issues will also be resolved.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ and then tap Reset.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ‘Delete Allʼ.
- After the reset, the Samsung S9 Plus will reboot to the initial setup screen.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Touch ‘General managementʼ.
- Tap “Reset”.
- Touch ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Touch ‘RESETʼ.
- Press ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and prepare it for use.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]All your Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus data will be deleted after resetting your phone, which is why you should make a complete backup of your phone.[/box]
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S9 Plus
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung S9 Plus because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
- Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus from the menu on the left.
- Select the “Unlock” option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Unlock” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Galaxy S9+ is a mid-range device that comes with an excellent display, which is bezel-less on the sides. It packs in a tight configuration for great performance. It has a superb camera, amazing battery backup and huge storage.
If you have any further questions about the solution or problem, feel free to talk to us in the comments below, I am sure we will prepare a solution for your problem. Look forward to other articles such as how to frp unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, we will publish it soon.