Factory reset Vivo Y81 returns your smartphone to the same state it was in when it rolled off the assembly line. It will remove files and apps you’ve created and installed, delete cache, junk files and return settings to their defaults. In this article, you will find a step by step guide to reset Vivo Y81.
The Vivo Y81 comes with a thin bezel provided at both side. It has a 6.22-inch IPS LCD display having a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels and a pixel density of 270 ppi. The screen has an aspect ratio of 19:9 that will enhance the appearance of the display making videos and gaming look more adorable.
The device is equipped with the Octa-Core processor having a clock speed of 2 GHz. The base of the processor is provided by the Helio P22 chipset, together which will give smooth performance. It has the PowerVR GE8320 for handling graphics. The multi-task of the phone is looked after by the 3GB ram that will render smooth performance.
Whether you are selling your Vivo Y81, are having problems, or just want a fresh start, there are a variety of reasons you might need a reset. This also works if your device shuts down randomly and won’t turn back on. Let’s see how to factory reset Vivo Y81.
What to do before resetting your Android
- Make sure that your Vivo Y81 is charged at least 50% so that your device doesn’t run out of power during the resetting process.
- Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don’t lose it all.
- Once the hard reset is done, the device will ask to enter the Google account and password that was previously linked with the device. Therefore, you must know the google email and the password.
- If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card.
Hard Reset Vivo Y81 via Recovery
- Shut down your Vivo Y81 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Vivo logo.
- Then you will see the Fastboot Mode.
- Scroll to Recovery Mode and enter it by pressing Power button.
- Scroll to Wipe data.
- Press the Wipe data button.
- Scroll to OK.
- Press the Reboot system menu.
- The Vivo Y81 will now wipe all contents.
Reset Screen Lock Vivo Y81
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Vivo Y81 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Vivo Y81.
Factory Reset Vivo Y81 via Settings
- In the Home screen tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap More settings.
- In the More settings screen, tap Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap Erase all data.
- At the bottom of the screen tap the Format Phone Storage option.
- Finally click Clear Now.
- After your Vivo Y81 reset, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your phone.
The Vivo Y81 is an excellent phone that keeps up with the benchmark set by the Finnish company with its previous models. It probably has all the feature in store. Right from the processing front to the storage capacity, it has all the bases covered. Also, it has an excellent pair of cameras which perform well in terms of photography and vidoegraphy.
By the way, what method are you using? Do let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to lock apps in Vivo Y81.