All Xiaomi phones have a reset feature which returns the device to its original state by deleting all data stored on the Xiaomi Mi 9. Let’s see how we can reset Xiaomi Mi 9.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 comes with a 6.4-inch AMOLED display having a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and a density of 403 PPI. The bezel-less display has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 that makes it look more stylish.
In terms of performance, it features a Snapdragon 855 Octa-Core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 + 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485) processor. It is seated upon the Snapdragon 855 chipset and assisted by the Adreno 640 GPU that handles the graphics. There is a massive 6GB RAM that will make sure there is no lag in the device.
Three Easy Ways to Reset Xiaomi Mi 9
Reset option is available on all Android devices and it has been a lifesaver for many users. From minor software glitches to big bugs, a reset can fix almost any problem. That being said, if your phone has a hardware problem, resetting won’t be able to fix it.
This will reset the device to the factory default state and it will clear out the memory buffers and reset the phone and application data. Ensure any personal data is backed up.
Factory reset Xiaomi Mi 9 from Settings
This is how you can factory reset Mi 9 from the Setting application on the phone.
- Go into the Settings.
- Tap Additional settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset.
- Tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on Reset phone.
- Your Xiaomi Mi 9 will restart and begin the Factory Data Reset.
Hard reset Xiaomi Mi 9 from Recovery
When the phone has serious performance issues where you can’t launch the Settings app, when the phone is stuck, or when the phone doesn’t boot up at all, are situations where you can’t use the first method. In here you will find complete instruction on how to hard reset Xiaomi Mi9 and bring the phone back to its original state.
- Shut down your Xiaomi Mi 9 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Xiaomi logo.
- Then you will see the Mi recovery menu.
- Scroll to Wipe data by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- Scroll to Wipe All Data by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- The phone will now wipe all contents.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Xiaomi Mi 9
If you forget the pattern lock that has been applied, you can reset it via the Google Find My Device service.
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Xiaomi Mi 9 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase Data option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Xiaomi Mi 9.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 is a perfect smartphone in the mid-range price segment. From the eye catchy design to the great configuration and excellent cameras. It has a strong spec sheet which can impress the users.
By the way, what method did you use? Let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to root Xiaomi Mi 9.