Revert back to Mi stock Redmi Note 5 / Pro – Now that the Redmi Note 5 has a Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) and can receive Custom ROMS, you may want to know how to revert back to the stock mi recovery. This guide will walk you through the steps to do just that.
Here is a simple tutorial to install stock recovery on your Redmi Note 5 device. You need to make some some preparations first.
- This guide is compatible with Redmi Note 5 / Pro “Whyred” only. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device. To do this go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the MIUI version 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
Now go back to settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable the USB Debugging.
Download Stock Mi Recovery Redmi Note 5 / Pro
- Download the ADB Fastboot here. Unzip the folder on your Windows C or D Drive. And you will see the adb-windows folder on your Windows Drive.
- Stock Recovery Nougat Redmi Note 5/Pro
- Stock Recovery Oreo Redmi Note 5/Pro
How to Install Stock Mi Recovery for Redmi Note 5/Pro
- Now power off your Redmi Note 5. Boot into the bootloader or fastboot mode. Boot your phone in the fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold Volume Down and Power on at the same time. You will see the bootloader screen.
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Navigate to the location where you have placed the recovery file. Rename the recovery file to a simple one, like recovery.img. While the folder with recovery.img file is open, hold shift key on keyboard and right-click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window.
- Now type the following in the command prompt to check your device connectivity
- Now flash custom recovery. Issue the following command for that.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The stock recovery will now be installed on your Redmi Note 5. Now boot your phone in recovery mode. You can do this by turning your device off and then press and hold Volume UP and Power keys at the same time. Or you can simply enter the following command.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- This will take you to the recovery and you can test your stock recovery once booted.