Good news for Mi 5s Plus users, Now Viper OS 3.1 Nougat for Viper OS is available for download. XDA Senior Member matheeus.af, posted the Viper OS for Mi 5s Plus. Another great news is that it’s the official version. If you would like to try ViperOS on your device, head over to the download section.
Viper OS is among the most feature-packed ROMs you can find. There’s hardly a feature you will not find on Viper OS that you can find on any other ROM. It combines the best features of the most popular ROMs and bakes them onto their own tweaks and improvements in one impressive package. The ROM package is surprisingly small considering the amount of firepower packed inside.
Charge your device up to at least 50% before starting the procedure. It’s not a set rule but better safe than sorry.
Backup all your important data to your SD Card or PC.
Make sure you have root access and TWRP recovery already installed. If not, you can take a look here.
How to install Android 7.1.2 ViperOS 2.10 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- Download the necessary ViperOS ROM from this link.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps (Gapps) zip files to the phone’s SD card.
- Power off your Vibe K4 and boot it into TWRP mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons until the recovery screen comes up.
- Once entering the TWRP settings menu, clear the phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe‘ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset‘ perform factory reset
- Return to TWRP settings and and hit the Install button by the selecting Viper-natrium-20171018-Coral-v3.1.1-Final-N.zip file in the phone’s memory downloaded from PC
- Come back to TWRP menu setting to approve the installation by tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash‘
- Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘Successful‘ appears on the screen, thus completing installation.
- Wait until the ROM installation is complete, and then flash Gapps open_gapps-arm64-7.1-nano-20170921.zip.
- After flashing Gapps, your Zenfone Max will reboot automatically into the newly installed firmware.
Have you flashed the ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus? Let us know your experiences in the comments below!